Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Opening Night of Shrek:The Musical at The Cadillac Theatre, Chicago.



Last night, July 25th, 2010, Eric officially opened as Shrek in "Shrek:The Musical," at The Cadillac Palace Theatre in Chicago.  I am so proud of him.  He gave, yet another stellar performance and I'm so glad I was able to be there and support him.  Eric was able to bring myself, his parents, his brother, and my mom to the opening.  We we're really lucky that Dreamworks was so good to him.  Usually you get yourself and a guest.  The Opening Night Party was at Macy's in Downtown Chicago.  It's a super old Macy's that famously used to be Marshall Field's.  Very beautiful inside.  There is a huge Tiffany ceiling that is just gorgeous as well as the giant Macy's Shrek Parade balloon in the lobby for the special occasion.  Aunt Laurie came in and watched our 10 day old Sophie while I went to the show.  I fed Sophie just before I left for the theatre.   Only 10 days out, I could only very painfully express (over the course of a few days) enough milk for one feeding.  (Of course, read, after the fact, that many women don't have their milk come in for 2 wks after giving birth...aka me.  They often encourage pumping to jumpstart your milk coming in.)  Sophie didn't even walk up until I came home from the show.  As soon as it was over and we gave a huge standing ovation, I busted out of there and got a cab the few blocks back.  I could still not walk super well and surely not fast.  I came home just in the nick of time for her to be ready to eat.  I fed her and then Eric picked me up in a car and we headed to the party.  The timing was perfect, as it takes Eric about an hour to get out of make-up and then get dressed up, I was able to go the few blocks to our apt. and feed the baby.  When we got to the party, my mom left to go relieve Aunt Laurie.  I'm glad she got to see the awesome party though.  The top floor of Macy's was beautifully decorated with a huge Shrek cake at the entrance.  Eric and I were able to stay out for a while since my mom had a bottle to give Sophie and she is already sleeping 4 hr stints at night.  We enjoyed chatting with everyone and just being part of the overall excitement!  Eric's family left after the party and Eric and I joined the cast/crew at The Elephant Bar for an after party.   We did not last long, as I felt that my insides just might fall right out and we both were missing Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment