Total Pageviews

Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Eric and I have done a sort of orphan Thanksgiving for all of our friends wherever we have been the last 6 years.  We always do the Turkey, stuffing, gravy, and other staples.  Everyone just brings something that makes their Thanksgiving special or just comes as they are.  Either way it has always been a fun and special day for us.  Well, this year, the company had Thanksgiving off, so we offered to do a big one.  It turned out to be about 50 people, which was....a bit of an undertaking for a new mommy of a 4-month-old.  As long as I was uber organized, I knew it would be pretty easy.  Timing is everything for events like this.  It actually was great for me to have a project on which to focus my energies.  Of course there is Soph, but it keeps mommies a little bit sane to work on something else for a minute.  We were lucky enough to have the dining room at the Residence Inn in Downtown Denver and there entire serving area made available to us.  Three 20lb turkeys, 4 giant roasting pans of stuffing, 2 whole Honey Baked Hams, 3 giant roasting pans of Green Bean Casserole, 8 packages of cresent rolls, 8 pans of mashed potatoes from Honey Baked, and then a whole mess of delicious stuff that other people brought to share.  It was truly a feast.  I just went to Hobby Lobby and got some decorations and napkins,  used 3 kitchens, and Dreamworks got us real dishes to really make it feel like home.  Eric, as always, did an awesome job on the turkeys.  I think everyone had a great time and left feeling like stuffed turkeys.  Gobble Gobble!  I have to say what I was thankful for was walking into the kitchen to find Benjamin and Mara washing dishes.  They cranked through those babies like you wouldn't believe.  I would have been there all night if it wasn't for them.  There were a lot of really helpful people, but those two cracked me up...just sleeves rolled up and in it to win it.

No comments:

Post a Comment