Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Art Of Pretend

    Sophie (2yo) pulls a long white scarf down from the hooks in the entryway at home. She wraps herself in the scarf and patters into the bedroom, where I am putting away laundry. "I'm Married(Mary)," she says. "You Jesus. There's a dragon behind you!". She hands me a hanger, with the hook as a hand and insists that I "Get him!". I slay the poor dragon and turn to celebrate..."We did it. Got him!". "There's another one!," she points over my shoulder. Playing the role of a lifetime...Jesus: The Dragonslayer, I'm proud to say that I slayed 6 dragons that morning.
     The Art of Pretend. Under the direction of a 2yo, playtime takes us on an exciting tour of the world as she sees it. We spend a few hours each day in this world. I normally like to be 100% present and leave the phone in the pocket, but after this particular game, I couldn't resist capturing a few minutes to share. Enjoy and please share how you encourage creative play in your home and family life! We love your suggestions!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment