Total Pageviews

Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Trenches

I don't really feel the lack of sleep because I've been so excited.    Soph has also been sleeping for 4 hr stints since we brought her home.  When I told the Dr. we had been waking her to eat every 3 hrs he yelled at us, "NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!"  So she sleeps.  She is eating about 2.5 ounces a feeding and eats about 8-10 times a day.  Pretty much by the time you get your boobs out, feed her, put em away, change a diaper, get her to sleep, she's up again to eat.  When people say eat, sleep, poop.  they really mean it.  I think people forget or don't talk about the fact that when baby is first here, there's not any real playtime.  They kind of just look out at the world from under there prize fighter eyes and ...eat, sleep, and poop.  Eric is doing a lot of press and the show, so I am trying to make it so he doesn't have to get up at night.  Since I'm breastfeeding, he can't really help 'til I start pumping more, as far as feeding goes.  He loves to see her when he comes home though and is just the best daddy ever.  He has a mean diaper change on him too!  My mom stayed for two wks and did all our laundry, took out the trash and held Soph after I fed her so I could catch a few naps.  She was an overall saint!  By the time she left, I was feeling a little better...able to walk without as much pain and whatnot.  It was good timing.  She had to get back to school and teach, but I'm pretty sure she was having so much fun with Soph, she'd have just as soon stayed.  There were days there that, if she wouldn't have been around, I wouldn't have had the time or even remembered to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment