Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Company Christmas Party and Shrek BCEFA Benefit.



So, in planning for Eric and I to attend his company Christmas Party and then perform at a benefit the following night, we needed to find a sitter in SF. My mom said she'd be happy to do it, but that was a little expensive...since she lives in FL:). Plan B.  We went to this site called Sittercity.com and found someone.  This was super scary for me, because Soph had never been put to bed by someone else or left with a sitter for more than 2hrs about 4 times.  After perusing the site, I felt that the system was good.  Essentially, you post a job(Sunday and Monday, 4 month old, 5- midnight ). You get a bunch if responses and are then able to filter thru the applicants profiles.  We requested someone with CPR certification, First Aid Training, a clean background check, and looked for someone who was over the age of 20 and had experience with infants.  We ended up with Melissa.  She is a 44 yr old mother of 2.  I had her come one day while we were there so that we could get a read on her and see if she was good with Sophie...a sort of working interview.  She was great.  Thank God!  We went to the Christmas party and had an awesome time.  It was at E & O Trading Company.  The food was amazing and the company even better!  We came home to a sleeping baby, who proceeded to sleep til 8:30am.  The very next night was the Shrek Benefit for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids and we had Melissa come again.  She worked her magic once more.   Eric and I performed a duet at the benefit and Eric sang "What Are You Doing New Years?". Everyone sounded great and lots of money was raised for a really great cause.  We had a lot of fun being out with all the adults, but couldn't wait to get home to Soph.  The only downside to Melissa is that she reorganized all the cabinets and I couldn't find my trash bags for 30 minutes, and I totally have no idea where the 409 is.  I really didn't mind and I can appreciate the intention.  Hey, and I guess a lot of people pay to have someone organize their stuff.  Two birds.  One stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment