Total Pageviews

Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

East Lansing, MI and Sophie vs. The Croup

After a "comedy of errors"-like mishap with our keys this morning, our trip got a late start. The weather was on our side and so was Roberta (our GPS navigator.) We made it to East Lansing just in time for Eric's sound check at the theatre. Phew! Soph did good on the trip as far as her demeanor, but she wasn't able to eat very well. It's difficult to eat and drink when your all stopped up. I get it! She didn't have any coughing spells on the way here, but once bedtime rolled around, the mucusy gunk showed up for the party. Once we got to the hotel, which, sidenote: TownPlace Suites has an awesome set-up. This set-up is going to make our life so much easier this wk. There is a door!!!!! A door separates the sitting area from the bedroom! Yay! Soph sleeps more soundly, mommy gets to unwind for a minute during her naps, and daddy doesn't have to tiptoe his way in after the show. All good things. Back to our regular programming...where was I? Oh, yes...once we got to the hotel, we were able to do all the things on the doc's to-do list. Steam showers, bundled-cold-air walks, etc. She seemed great and I laid her in her crib for the night, but about an hour in she awoke with an unbelievable stuffy nose. I was able to get some of it out. Big green blobs that were beginning to drain out...poor baby. I wanted to get her car seat because I felt she might sleep better in that for one more night, for drainage purposes. With no one to stay with Soph while I ran to the car or vica-versa, I waited a few more inconsolable minutes and began "the bundle." I got her in the stroller and rolled her hurting cry down to the car. Let me just say, the 5 doors you have to go through to get to the car were not exactly the easiest doors to open with one hand and push the stroller thru with the other and have a carseat in the other hand on the 5-door-thruway return trip, but..........you can't win 'em all. Once we got back in the room, set up the car seat and re-aligned the monitor and whatnot, she was able to get back to sleep a few minutes later. Even with the monitor, I keep going to check her. I worry about her little nose and cough, but with Teddy in one hand and Bunny in the other, she's well protected. I heard they are very good at fighting off the croup.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment