Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Just A Walk At The Park

Eric, Soph, and I decided to walk up to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument (89th and Riverside) to commemorate Veteran's Day. Wow! What a sight. All around the monument are canons facing the Hudson river. The monument was built in memory of those who fought on the side of the Union. With a heart for those who have served, these dedications always touch me.  I am constantly amazed by the bravery of people like these men, my grandfathers, Eric's grandfathers, and all the people that continually work on a daily bases to preserve our freedom.  Sophie shares my curiousity and amazement as she walked up and knocked on the epic door.  If we knew what we know now...  In an effort to find out what was inside, I found thru some research that we were just a few weeks late.  Apparently, every October is a huge event called Open House New York.   It is considered the biggest American architectural event, where they open historic monuments, including this one, for public viewing.  We will just have to come back some October to see the inside for ourselves. Our little fam walked down the entirety of Riverside Park on the water side and had a time of reflection.  By that I mean, Eric and I chatted and Sophie...slept.



No comments:

Post a Comment