Total Pageviews

Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Turbo: Family Summer Movie Must-See

     Race, Race, Mooove.   Turbo opens today and is the perfect afternoon activity.   And if your first question, like mine, is what age of child should watch this...the answer is 1 to 100.  The content is funny, driving and an ultimately positive message for kids.
     We saw a screening the night before Sophie's 3rd birthday and the message of "Don't give up" obviously resonated with her.  At the end of the night, she looked at Daddy and me and said with a gravely serious expression "My birthday is over, but there will be another one.  I'm not givin' up!"
     That universal truth sank in with a 3 year old because this movie encourages freedom in imagination and gives us a license to dream.  There are sweet truths brought forward by our unlikely hero following his heart and we all need to be reminded that success is in the colorful journey, not just the ending.  
     The characters are more bright and distinctive than anything you will find on MMC.  The crew of snails have a humanity...an ability to move you and make you laugh. During one of the touching scenes where two brothers journey to understand each other, the reflection in the eyes of one brother, layered with the glistening of emotion you would see in an Oscar winning Streep performance, gives uexpected weight to these characters.  
     One thing is absolutely for sure.  You. Must. Have. This. Soundtrack.  As I looked in front of me, I saw little heads bobbing up and down to the driving music of this racing movie.  The music is infectious.  How can you not feel cool when Snoop is chanting his lyrics and the beats are crazy good.  I will be using this as my summer anthem now, thank you.  So when you see a Chrysler Town and Country Touring Van roll up next to you, with a car seat in the back, and Snoop on my speaks...you'll know it's this mommy feelin' oh so fly.
     Don't take it from me though.  My 3 year old is the real expert and she says seeing Turbo in the theatre is "so so much fun!"
     www.turbomovie.com

What is your favorite family summer movie?  

No comments:

Post a Comment