Total Pageviews

Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rendezvous With Friends.

Eric had a few press engagements early this morning, so Soph and I did breakfast and watched Daddy on TV.  Check it out.

We then headed over to the world famous, Rendezvous BBQ.  We had lunch with the Abrahams and it was really great BBQ, but best of all, they had real sweet tea (when tons of sugar is stirred into it while it's still hot, then served over ice. MMMMM.)

Our next rendezvous was with Lauren Kuenle, my old roommate from NYC, who has since married and moved to Memphis with her hubby (an Orthopedic resident at a hospital here.)   They just had a beautiful baby girl named Helen Louise, who is 3 months old.  I couldn't believe that we, who once sat on the couch watching Scrubs and eating Laughing Cow cheese,  now sat on the couch with our babies. 
I couldn't get over the fact that 3 months ago Sophie was that small.  My head spins over how quickly the 3-6 months went.  Helen was just precious and it was so sweet and fun to hold this docile baby and so funny to hand her back and pick up my little wiggle worm.   Sophie was not sure about the whole experience.  At first, she was just taking in the whole thing, trying to decide how she felt about it and what exactly, it, was.  She hasn't seen a baby smaller than her before.   Sophie tentatively reached out to touch the baby, as if to test what this new toy would do.  To see her around a younger baby was fascinating.  I've only seen her marvel at Cole and his tricks...walking, his dexterity with toys, rolling, eating.  She is normally the docile one on a play-date.  This time, she grabbed the reigns as the elder child and ran with them.  She played vigorously with her toys and was very talkative.  I think she wanted to make sure daddy was still paying attention to her, even though he took his turn at holding little miss Helen. 

Today, really sent home how quickly this time is escaping us.  I'm holding onto every moment with her.  These past 6 months have been the most amazing times of my life.  Mothers have always talked in cliches and I've always dismissed them as just that.  Now I know how real those feelings are and all those cliches now warm my heart or bring tears to my eyes.  I am officially a mom.

And now...I'm crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment